Superior features for a wide range of applications
Matching the wide range of applications that require electrical insulation for safety, Formex CND can be die-cut, scored and folded allowing for easy fabrication into
low-cost, durable, three-dimensional parts—something not available in alternative technologies.
In addition to being halogen free and environmentally friendly, Formex CND electrical insulation offers the following features:
- High dielectric strength
- UL Relative Thermal Index (RTI) of 80°C (176°F)
- Low moisture absorption (<0.24%) makes it superior to vulcanized fibers and fish paper insulation
- Meets global standards for flame retardancy with a UL 94 V-0 Flame Class Rating.
All ITW Formex® electrical insulating materials comply with the global standards of UL, CSA, IEC, VDE, TUV, BSR and METI, plus they meet all major North American, European and
Asian environmental requirements including RoHS, WEEE and REACH.
Product Availability and Technical Specifications
For cost-effective replacements of injected molded or fabricated sheet metal parts used inside electrical equipment, Formex CND is the ideal solution to reduce tooling and
fabrication costs. In addition, Formex parts can be shipped and stored flat reducing freight cost as well as warehouse space.
- 80°C (176°F) UL Temperature Rating
- UL 94 V-0 Rated
- Low Moisture Absorption (<0.24%)